Saturday, September 15

Pile Denial: 4


I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Net Galley:


Email:

Library:

Purchased:

Traded:

Won:
Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent
Soul Screamers (Vol. 1) by Rachel Vincent
Soulbound by Heather Brewer


Yet there is some hope. I am trying to fight back and recover. Behold my tiny victories over the pile.

Pile Reduction:
Given Away:

Traded:

Read:
Frost by Wendy Desol
Defiance by C. J. Redwine


DNF:
Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult

Any recovery is slow going. I can only read so fast and here is where things are getting slowed down.

Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Speed of Light by Amber Kizer

Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books: 50
eBooks: 29

Progress report: I didn't get as much time reading as I would have liked but I was able to finish up some of the stragglers. Or in one book's case to give up on it. I was just too busy this week preparing for an upcoming event and some visitors in the real world. 

I am dragging through Speed of Light. I can only read a book so many days in a row before I start wishing to be reading something else. Hopefully the ending is fantastic or I might find it a disappointing read.

I knew I had won the Rachel Vincent books but I was surprised by Soulbound. Wasn't it just a week ago that I bought myself a copy? Did I forget I had won or was it a surprise win? Hmm. . .my memory is starting to get unreliable. Oh well, I will just have to give away the extra copy. 

I didn't make any headway in my pile this week. An even in and out scenario. Plus, I have not gotten anything read in my ebook challenge to myself. September is not being good to my TBR goals.

How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.