Saturday, April 13

Pile Denial: 27

I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Mail:
Dark Triumph by R. L. LaFevers

Pile Reduction:
Read:
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
 
DNF:
The Taker by Alma Katsu
Tunnels by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams
CNS: (Could not start)
Requiem by Lauren Oliver
The Reckoning by Alma Katsu 


Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood


Well it was a purging week for me. I came up against quite a chunk of books I just couldn't read. I should probably be miffed that I was taken in on them in the first place but I am just so very happy to get them off the pile so easily. Only one book came in this week. Plus I have already read Dark Triumph so that doesn't add to my stress at all. I feel like I could float away. Especially since I managed to get my pile under forty. This hasn't been done since the beginning of this denial. It gives me some hope. Now if I could get the ebooks under twenty we would be in miracle territory. I am just not thrilled with Born Wicked yet. Hopefully it picks up soon or next week will have another DNF.

Not that you were wondering but I am off for a slice of yummy strawberry chocolate cheesecake.

Until next week. . .

Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books:39 (It was a free fall) :) (Whoo Hoo! Again, again!)
eBooks: 24 (stable) :)



How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.