Monday, March 19

Book Blogger Confessions: 3/19


The topic is: Everyone LOVES that book! Why don't I? How do you handle being the one reviewer who doesn't like a book that's taking the blogosphere by storm? Do you write a review? Pretend you didn't read the book?

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready or The Immortals by Alyson Noel

With the first I just walked away, or at least in the beginning. Lately I have been hearing so much talk about this series. Several times I have had to look up my notes to see why it wasn't for me. Makes me sad I can't party with the crew, but it is what it is. The second I forced myself through three of the books before I got a backbone. I wish I would have just poured bleach on my brain than have read those.
Now my biggest problem is being carried away with the hype for any prettily covered book. I forget to research properly and dive in. I have run into some great disappointments. By now I am a bit set in my reading preferences and should respect them. It makes everyone happy. No author wants a terrible review from a reader that picked up a book they would never enjoy even under the best circumstances. Plus, I don't have a shortage of books vying for my attention. More like not enough time to read them all.

Thanks for the topic.