Monday, March 5

Book Blogger Confessions: 3/5


The topic is: Let's talk about a positive aspect of blogging! How has blogging influenced your real life in a positive way? (not related to books or reading) Have you learned to be organized or are you more social now for example?

Not related to books or reading! Well, I will have to think on this for a minute.

Just about everything I can think of is related to books or reading.

I have of very recent date just started to socialize to help my blog get out there. It is nice to see some returns come to the blog through this effort. But I feel I am more enjoying being recognized. Not in a wow your blog is awesome way or even wow you are the funniest person on the planet way, namely because I am not. Honestly, I sit at home day in a day out with two small children. One uses her mouth to suck on my arm, happening right now by the way, so not much conversation happening there. The other is currently in repeat mode. So I hear the same sentence about toys over and over. Not really stimulating if you know what I mean. Here is where blogging, i.e. being social, has helped me. I don't feel as much like I don't exist when other comment back or read what I have to say. Otherwise I feel I would no longer have my own identity. People would only ever think of my as that child's mother. You know the one who is never in pictures anymore. I really struggle with ceasing to exist and being social in the blogging world helps me to hold onto myself. So a big thank you to all of those who take a couple of minutes to respond back.
I have also benefited from talking with authors. They each have such inspiring stories relating to their climb into publication.  It helps me look at my life and say to myself you can do this. If they could do something as hard as publishing a book why can't I likewise look forward to some sort of goal in my life.  Just because I am a mother doesn't mean I can't accomplish stuff.


Thanks for the topic.