Tuesday, May 3

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side: Book Review

by Beth Fantaskey


Main Players: Antanasia Dragomir(Jessica Packwood) and Lucius Vladescu
Place: Romania

This book wasn't quite what I was expecting.  I was thinking humorous.  Also, to start I really hated Lucius.  I am glad the author went through such pains to open up his story and soften some of his edges to make him palatable.  The book was full of intense moments and bad timing.  I most liked being able to read the letters he sent back to his Uncle.  Although, after having met his Uncle I am quite surprised by a vast majority of what he wrote.  I suppose it was his upbringing and then freedom that explains it.  As much as I adore the idea of two souls being meant for each other I didn't like how this came across so physical early in the book.  Overall, it wasn't a bad read but had I known a bit more about it before picking it up I might have not bothered.