Thursday, June 7

Armchair BEA: Beyond Your Blog

Has blogging opened up opportunities for you beyond getting free, advance copies of new books? Has it helped you get offers to write or review elsewhere (maybe even for pay)? Have you gotten invites to special events or places you might not have been to otherwise?

Nope.


Not yet.


*got my fingers crossed*

My level of focused attention toward my blog over the past year has been much like a roller coaster ride. There were times when I couldn't stomach reading. I was pregnant and somehow, inexplicably, I got motion sickness from reading. On top of which I had a real lack of desire to do much of anything. I wasn't reading and by association I wasn't blogging. It was a rough span of months for my blog. When I came out of the funk the blog was not in good shape. All of the dedicated followers I had built up had wondered off in search greener pastures. I miss them still. With the advent of the new year I set myself the task of getting and expanding my social network. I even decided to try and get my hands on an ARC or two. I managed to get one and it was the best day ever. Basically I am still working on getting firmly rooted in the blog world. I wonder what my potential is as a blogger. Who knows?