Friday, November 2

Eye Candy: L

During the week I spot different book covers that catch my eye for one reason or another. I keep track of them all here on my weekly Eye Candy post. Most of the books featured here I have not bothered to read the synopsis for. Just plain old fashioned cover envy or not in some cases. There are the occasional covers that catch the eye but not in I want to read that book more of a oh my goodness what were they thinking.


  Sweet Peril

Wendy Higgins


Oh my goodness!!! I have reverted to a hysterical teenager at the sight of this cover. Kaidan doesn't look so evil as he did on the last cover. He looks left out and my heart breaks for him already. It seems Anna is ramping it up! Ouch! I don't like the look in her eyes or the stance she is affecting. This doesn't bode well. Wowzer I am so excited for this book my goosebumps have goosebumps. April seems so very far away. This series is definitely deserving of its trilogy name. I think the wait from now until April will be SWEET TORMENT. Maybe there will be another POV from Kaidan during the wait to help tide me over. You really should take a closer look at this stellar cover.

The Grass is Always Greener

Jen Calonita


I love the fresh feel of this cover. Limes and strawberries or maybe oranges.

Hallowed

Cynthia Hand


I wasn't that big a fan of the original cover but this is eye catching. All that fun snow and a bit of bright red fiery hair.

Belladonna

Fiona Paul


Very striking pose and a fun lace veil.


Towering

Alex Flinn


I wouldn't want to comb out that hair after that windy snow storm.





Who Needs Magic?

Kathy McCullough


Great colors and a pose that seems very happy and contemplative.

Weather Witch

Shannon Delany


I had no idea this was in the making. Can't wait to find out more.


Manipulation

Jolene Perry


A bit monochromatic for my tastes but a fun pose.

Unbreakable

Elizabeth Norris


For some reason I really like the outfit that girl is wearing.


Once Upon a Nightmare

McKelle George


Fun cover art.

The Ward

Jordana Frankel


I wouldn't want to live in that city. Beautiful but very close to death.


Becoming Jolie

Monique O'Connor James


This reminds me of another cover. I love the colors and the historical background. Plus the girl looks like she will kick your butt.

Falling

Jolene Perry


They look like they are so happy and carefree, must be nice.

The Dark Shore

Kevin Emerson


I like this cover much better than the last. All that bright orange makes it appear so cheerful.

Rush

Eve Silver

This cover sort of grew on me the more I looked at it. I wonder why there is such a strong use of blue and purple all of a sudden on books covers.

A Darkness Strange and Lovely

Susan Dennard


While the dress is a stunning selection of colors it doesn't really flatter her in the right way. Looking at this cover I can't help but feel that our main character looks a bit like a harlot. Not exactly where I pictured her going with her life.

Goddess

Josephine Angelini


A bit of a disappointment to me. It just looks like some sort of hallucinogenic dream.

Elegy

Tara Hudson


Also a bit of a disappointment. It just looks so washed out.











What do you think about the covers?

Like it, love it, or could do without it?