Saturday, March 2

Pile Denial: 21

I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Bought:
Blood Fever by Veronica Wolff

NetGalley:
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa 
   
Pile Reduction:
Read:
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
My Wolf's Bane by Veronica Blade


Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

Hold the fort!!! Yep, the war hasn't been won. We took a loss and won one tiny battle. But really I just held my ground. Dark Triumph and The Eternity Cure are big reads. Plus, I have been busy in my non-book reading life. Finally broke out of my awesome read stride. I had eight books in a row that scored a four or higher. Five of the eight scored a five star. It was an amazing run. Never happened before and not sure it will ever happen again. A girl can hope though. It was the most amazing feeling as if anything was possible.

I don't have any real solid plans for getting one step out of my pit next week. I am just trying to get a whole bunch of library books and review books read. I figure once they are out of the way I can start to get back to whittling down my pile. No big deal right. Five review books and three library books should be a breeze. Well more like a very sluggish meandering nearly non-existent breeze. Eight books is a month worth of reading at this pace. Sigh. Why don't I consider this when I think about picking up a new book? Oh, right, pretty much the only thing going through my head is "Ooo, so very pretty" or "Sounds so awesome I must read it." Doesn't seem like I spend much time realistically considering the ramifications of leaving my reading temptation to roam freely.

At the very least I am going to forge forward with hope that I have an amazing three book week in front of me. Once I finish The Eternity Cure I will at least read one more book from my library pile.
  • Asunder
  • Blood-Kissed Sky
  • Unravel Me
If I had to guess I would put my money on Blood-Kissed Sky. I am a bit wary of Asunder and Unravel Me fairly has me terrified. Is it too much to hope that Warner just up and died and we won't have to revisit that nightmare? I don't think I have what it takes to repeat that horror.

Well, anyway, I am hoping your reading week was far more productive than mine. I am thinking positive thought in your direction and hopefully they helped. Banishing all less than entertaining reads and bringing an abundance of awesome. While at the same time keeping the TBR pile in some reasonable state.

Until next week. . .

Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books:46 (increased) :(
eBooks: 28 (decreased) :)



How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.