Tuesday, March 19

Top 10 Tuesday: 10 Books I Just Had to Buy but Haven't Read

I normally ignore these memes but this one is hilarious.

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


Top Ten Books I Had to Buy But Haven't Read Yet

Tiger's Voyage and Tiger's Destiny by Colleen Houck
Rapture by Lauren Kate
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
Darkness Falls Cate Tiernan
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
The Dark Light by Sara Walsh
Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I have begun to think that getting purchased by me is a sure fire way to not get read. Some of these books have been sitting on my shelf for a year. And the thing is I just HAD TO HAVE them. I couldn't wait until the library got a copy or I happened to win one. I HAD TO HAVE each and every one. But since I had books that needed to be read for review and other such I told myself there was plenty of time to get around to these ones. It wasn't like they were going anywhere. I could find the time to really savor these delights. Only once they got up there and started collecting dust I began to forget. It started out little but soon developed into a full fledged "Why did I want those so badly again?" Yep, it got ugly. Now I have to challenge myself to get to these books. I am sure they will more than prove their worth once they are finally given a chance. And I will wonder why I wasted my time on all those other less than awesome books when I could have read these awesome books. Then I will make the inevitable resolution to never again agree to read a book that I suspect will only result in a less than stellar read. Only I never can keep that resolution, especially since it is not always apparent if a book won't be AWESOME. So anyway I am sure some of you are astounded that these lovelies should pine away on the shelf. I am too. Try not to be too hard on me.