Saturday, March 30

Pile Denial: 25

I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Library:
The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Requiem by Lauren Oliver
 
Email:
Prophecy Girl by Cecily White 

NetGalley:
Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Pile Reduction:
Read:
Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer
Prophecy Girl by Cecily White
Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons  


Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Girl with the Iron Touch by Kady Cross

*crazy cackling* Oh, I really did it this week. Do you know I have been reading off pile since February 9th? A whole month and a half of detour and I don't think it is coming to an end. Want to hear another sad little tidbit? Probably, not but too bad. ;) I looked back to the first pile denial post to try and cheer myself up. Surely I have made some progress in all this time. The first post was back on August 27th last year, seven months ago. I had 44 physical books and 28 ebooks waiting to be read. All my efforts seem to be accomplishing is keeping the situation from getting worse. I don't seem to actually be extricating myself. How is this possible. I swear I am reading tons of books. So yeah, back to the mess of this week. I would like to blame the library but I did request they get copies of The Indigo Spell and Requiem. So the blame is somewhat on my shoulders. I guess that means I will be getting to The Golden Lily in the next couple of weeks as well. I really want to be able to read a book the moment it crosses my path. Is that so much to wish for? Lately I have been envying my friend who does just that. I guess I should be grateful I didn't have a much more dire slip. There might still be hope. I keep thinking that there really aren't many books I am looking forward to come summer. Not sure that is really true since I keep finding more. So it seems that my hope of catching up this summer and fall is a false one. I may have to get more strict with myself. Not sure I want to know what that would entail.

Remember how I have been lately thinking I could see the light at the end of the tunnel? Yeah, forget that. I was clearly delusional. Obviously, the library and NetGalley have something else in mind entirely.

Also, library books look nice but they sure aren't very photogenic.

Another note: I think I am all tuckered out on dystopian. Not good since there are at least six waiting to be read. *sigh* I don't know how much more of this bleak stuff I can take. Do you think dystopian is on the way out yet?

Until next week. . .

Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books:45 (increased) :(
eBooks: 27 (stable) :|



How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.