Friday, September 21

Eye Candy: XXXV

During the week I spot different book covers that catch my eye for one reason or another. I keep track of them all here on my weekly Eye Candy post. Most of the books featured here I have not bothered to read the synopsis for. Just plain old fashioned cover envy or not in some cases. There are the occasional covers that catch the eye but not in I want to read that book more of a oh my goodness what were they thinking.

Sweet:

With All My Soul

Rachel Vincent

I am not normally a fan of gold but this is rather stunning.

The Mad Scientist's Daughter

Cassandra Rose Clarke

The title, half moon, and gray background drew my eye.




The Art of Disappearing

Elena Perez

Perhaps it was the red lips against the pale skin that snagged my attention.

A Matter of Magic

Patricia C Wrede

What is not to love? Cute girl, beautiful dress, glowing sphere, and a nice soft light coming from the window.

Forever

Maggie Stiefvater

I love black, white, and red as a color combination.

Ironskin

Tina Connolly

So awesome! I like the swirling grey stuff. Plus she is wearing a neat dress. Who says gray can't look good?


The Cadet of Tildor

Alex Lidell

Maybe I am just in the mood for some good old fashioned sword swinging but this cover really struck me.






The Rising

Kelley Armstrong

This might just be my favorite of the three covers. I like the lighting better as well as the angle of her face.






Borderline:


If I Should Die

Amy Plum

Sadly not my favorite of the three. I like the cover. The sunset really makes me a bit worried and sad. Is time running out?

Solstice

P. J. Hoover

I love everything about the cover except for the font and effects they used for the title. It just looks a little odd.

 

Inhuman

Kat Falls

Once again I am in the mood for some sword wielding and I always like the idea of a girl who can fight. But it is all the yellow that drags this down from being awesome.

Blood Storm

Rhiannon Hart

Love the blue! My biggest miff is with the bird. It just looks a bit out of place.


Sour:

Sacrifices

Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill

Maybe it is the dresses or the hair that just didn't work.




 



Wow, there were a lot of covers that caught my eye this week. I wonder if that means next week will be a veritable drought.

What do you think about the covers?

Like it, love it, or could do without it?