Saturday, September 22

Pile Denial: 5


I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Net Galley:


Email:

Library:
Inbetween by Tara Fuller
Vanquished by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Dark Destiny by Mary Jo Putney
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Purchased:

Traded:

Won:

It wasn't pretty this week. But can you blame me. I had requested my library pick up these new books weeks ago. It seemed so long I had forgotten. Then I suddenly found a notice I had books waiting to be picked up. In many ways it was a really nice surprise. I even got to speak with the librarian in charge of purchasing the new YA books. She told me that I am responsible for half of the new books she purchases for the Young Adult area. How cool is that? Inheritance was not a book I had requested. But I picked it up because my husband just finished listening to it on audio. And he really wanted to talk to someone about stuff in the book. So I have to read it not only to talk with him but to finish out the story. It is a mammoth book.

Pile Reduction:
Given Away:

Traded:

Read:
Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
Speed of Light by Amber Kizer


DNF:

Captain the ship seems to be sinking. There are leaks sprouting all over the place and there doesn't seem to be any hope they will be mended. I may in fact be in a sinking ship. Should I just admit defeat?

Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Ruby by Amanda Burke

Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books: 54
eBooks: 27


How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.