Saturday, September 1

Pile Denial: 2


I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Net Galley:

Email:

Library:
Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult

Purchased:

Traded:


Yet there is some hope. I am trying to fight back and recover. Behold my tiny victories over the pile.

Pile Reduction:
Given Away:

Traded:

Read:
Alchemy by K. J. Wignall
The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa
After Obsession by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel

DNF:


Any recovery is slow going. I can only read so fast and here is where things are getting slowed down.

Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Frost by Wendy Desol
Eve by Anna Carey


Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books: 44
eBooks: 26

It seems I made headway in clearing up this obsession of mine. I only brought in one book and took out three. Woo hoo I am two books closer to being cured. :)

How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing really well working through my pile. I finally got over my reading slump and I'm willing to let books go that aren't working for me. I never used to do that and push my way through.

    My one weakness of late is that I keep downloading freebie or the .99 - 2.99 book deals. Most are quick reads but it's keeping me from my bookshelf pile.

    Even so I'm pleased with my progress. Writing reviews now.....that's a different matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you think some of this push through it mentality was brought about by our educational system? How many reading materials did we have to push through just to finish an assignment and get the grade? Or maybe it is just the optimism that things will turn around or we will be destroying someones hopes and dreams by not liking their book. Who knows exactly but it is a path that leads to nothing good.

      I really, really, really, dislike ebooks. Why? Because I can't see them. I can buy them and then forget. So when I went two weeks ago to count how bad my ebook pile was I was shocked! I really couldn't believe I had so many waiting. I didn't even remember getting some of them.

      I am so glad you shook off that slump. :)

      Delete