Saturday, September 29

Pile Denial: 6

I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Net Galley:


Email:

Library:
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard

Purchased:

Traded:

Borrowed:
Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Won:

Phew. . .not near as bad as last week. I really feared it was going to be a repeat.

Pile Reduction:
Given Away:

Traded:

Read:
Ruby by Amanda Burke
Grimalkin by Joseph Delaney
Secret of the Five Moons by Elizabeth Peters
Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

DNF:

The boat is sinking but I seem to have temporarily stoppered the holes. I am now back to keeping afloat, if barely.

Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Absolutely nothing right now. I am considering reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini so I can discuss it with my husband. The problem is that I do so only reluctantly. I didn't like Brisingr and I don't have high hopes of enjoying Inheritance. It is a behemoth.

Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books: 53
eBooks: 26

Considering I had company this last week I still managed to get a fair bit of reading done. Of course I stayed up until three in the morning reading Edenbrooke. I just don't know what to read after that book. I am in raptures. Either that or I just need some sleep.

How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.