Friday, July 22

Book Blogger Hop: 7/22

Book Blogger HopHosted by Crazy for Books

What’s the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can’t?

Well, I used to really like stories such as Lord of the Rings and Eragon.  I find myself having such a hard time sitting down and reading them.  Lately, I have become so used to the instant feed books that I have gotten out of the habit of really investing my imagination and patience into the more robust and detailed story lines.  That doesn't mean I don't read them anymore, more like I really have to be ready to force myself through enough pages to get interested.  I suppose I should be really concerned that my attention span has devolved to the point it is at, but hopefully it is all a phase.  I mean if you eat the exact same thing for breakfast everyday you are bound to get tired of it eventually.  Right?

Now head on over and join the blogger party as well.

5 comments:

  1. Ha-ha, good point! But, if you love a thing, prolonged exposure shouldn't diminish that love. *shrug* I know how you feel, though. I used to read straight fantasy (high and low) all the time, but I just haven't been able to get back into the genre for a couple of years.

    New follower ^_^

    Here's my answers for BBH: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/follow-friday-book-blogger-hop_22.html

    sinn @ sinnful books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes life can just get too hectic to really enjoy the slow burn of those types of novels--at least that's how I'm feeling right now!

    New follwer :-) Happy Friday!

    Jessi @ Reading in the Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone goes through their stages of what they like to read and can get into, and what they just can't seem to enjoy!

    I'm a new follower. Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer! Here's mine:


    http://theburstingbookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hop-and-follow-my-book.html

    ReplyDelete