Saturday, April 21

IMM and My Reading Pile: 10

IMM: Hosted by The Story Siren
My Reading Pile: Hosted by [Fikt]shun



In the Mail:
Won:
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Purity by Jackson Pearce
The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Bookmarks and a bookplate for Sweet Evil from Wendy Higgins

NetGalley:
Redemption by Veronique Launier
Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen
Dark Companion by Marta Acosta


In the Reading Pile:
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
 
Back on the Pile:
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock


Wishful Thinking:
Eona by Alison Goodman


This week was a plentiful one for my mail box. Too bad I was super sick and not able to read all these right away. I did give it a valiant effort. I blew off almost all my reading plans and started in on Masque of the Red Death. I am not quite halfway and having a hard time continuing. I seem to have stumbled at a point where the character is too stupid to live or too whiny and annoying. 
I only managed to read one book last week. Not good since so many new books came in. 
I am very excited to have a hard copy of Grave Mercy. It was a great read. The same goes for the ARC of Sweet Evil. So thrilled to put them both on my shelf.

5 comments:

  1. I read The Calling and it was really good. I love Kelley Armstrong's writing! I hope you enjoy everything. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-31.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pile of books! :)

    I keep seeing Purity popping up on lots of mailboxes so I'm curious as to what that's about. Grave Mercy was amazing and I am thinking about buying myself a finished copy so I have it forever and ever. :)

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. Some really awesome books. I loved Sweet Evil. Great haul of books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are all on my list right now, can't wait to read them! Purity's cover is so pretty! and Sweet Evil is going to be a must as soon as it's released!
    Hope you're feeling better and ready to read through your newbies :)

    Here's my IMM:
    http://bumblesandfairytales.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-saturday-imm-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome mailbox this week! I'm really jealous that you got a copy of Masque of the Red Death & The Calling!! I can't wait to read them. Grave Mercy was AMAZING - I need to buy a pretty finished copy for my shelves. Love the swag too! Happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete