Thursday, January 13

Book Blogger Hop





I have decided to join the weekly book party and answer this weeks question.

"Why do you read the genre that you do?  What draws you to it?"
I love young adult books.  This is due to the fact that I subconsciously believe I am still a teenager.  I mean consider that whenever I dream I am always in my late teens.  Also, I decided that young adult books were generally safer reads.  I don't worry as much that I will pick up a book and find excessive swearing or vivid sexual details.  Actually, I guess I should say used to, since these days that doesn't seem to hold as much.

I feel drawn to it mostly because I love the way young adults tend to experience the world.  They aren't as jaded or guarded.  When it comes to falling in love for the first time their hearts are wide open and feel it all the more deeply.

Now it is your turn to join the party

10 comments:

  1. Stopping by from over at the hop to say hello, nice to meet you, I've enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in via the hop to say hi! I'm a big YA reader as well and I'm always a sucker for the first love drama usually present in those reads! I'm a new follower here and I hope you have a great weekend!

    Jenny
    www.supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by via the hop. I'm a new follower.
    I really like YA books as well. First love is alaways something interesting to read about. :)

    Have a nice weekend.

    http://librarymosaic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Book becomes our escape from reality regardless the genre. :) You can read my answer at Clandestine Sanctuary. Have a great weekend!

    Btw, I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way...I am your newest follower...I never read YA Fantasy or Paranormal or YA anything until Twilight and then that led to so many others that now I cannot stop...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here I am hopping on by...

    I went all over the map with this question on my blog. I read and enjoy almost every genre of fiction out there. There’s no way I could just pick one.

    So I talked about all of them. Even romance fiction (sort of)! I invite you to hop over to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and see for yourself.

    Howard A. Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forget I'm not a teen anymore. I think thats why I love YA books still, I can relate more to the characters than in adult books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read more than one genre. But there are a few genres I don't read. Come see what I do and don't read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping by. I agree with you about YA books. I like the innocence and, well, like you said, the characters are less jaded.

    I also like that they're safer. I'm not necessarily opposed to swearing or sex, but in adult books these features often seem to be included just because they're expected. Sometimes they feel really tacked on and don't really flow with the plot well. YA avoids this (though, yeah, we're seeing it crop up more lately).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. New follower!
    I love YA because the books tend to feel so hopeful. Even when the character is in a bad place, there are so many possibilities before them.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete