Monday, May 7

Book Blogger Confessions: 5/7


Question for Monday May 7th: The holy grail of blogging success! What type of posts do you leave comments on? How do you try to encourage more comments on your own blog? Do you respond to people who leave comments on your posts? How do you handle negative/spam comments? Do you use captcha?

Um, yeah, so I really don't have solid answers to these questions. I am searching for the answers.
I leave comments on posts that strike my interest as well as my opinion. It is hard to say exactly what will do that. I have commented on a wide variety of posts but discussion posts usually catch my eye the most.
Here are the things I have tried:
Asking questions
Being funny
Being consistent
Returning comments
Commenting in general
I have recently been trying to reply to comments I relate to or follow a comment back and return the comment favor. I don't know that it makes a difference on how many comments I get but it sure makes me feel better to be nice.
Just recently I had my first spam comment. It shocked me and then was promptly deleted. I want the comments to stay true to the nature of the blog and it just didn't fit. So far *crosses fingers* I haven't had any negative comments. It could happen and I don't know what I will do until I get there. Lets hope it doesn't happen.
Captcha is annoying and always makes me feel like a robot since I can never decipher the code. Is it even the English alphabet? I was thinking alien scrawl. Hopefully it isn't enabled on my blog. If it is please point it out so I can fix the problem.

Thanks for the topic.