Saturday, May 12

IMM and My Reading Pile: 13

IMM: Hosted by The Story Siren
My Reading Pile: Hosted by [Fikt]shun



In the Mail:
Sound of the Heart by Genevieve Graham
Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore


Library:
I have really been trying to stay clear of the library. My shelves are already full of books that have been waiting months to be read. Lately I have been having a building craving to peruse the library shelves. My resistance finally ended this week. It wasn't pretty since these are all big books. I just couldn't help myself.

Eona by Alison Goodman
Article 5 by Kristin Simmons
The Demon Trapper's Daughter by Jana Oliver
Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Email:
The Journeys of John and Julia by Aurelia


Author Signing Event:
I feel like the event took some years off my life, at least for a little while. It was awesome getting to see and meet Tahereh Mafi. I am so excited to read Eve and Under the Never Sky. Soon my pretties, very soon.

Shatter Me Necklace
Unearthly bookmark
Got my copies of Eve and Under the Never Sky signed


In the Reading Pile:
Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Seeds of the Rebellion by Brandon Mull (Audio)
(If conditions are super favorable) Arise by Tara Hudson


Wishful Thinking:
Insurgent by Veronica Roth

5 comments:

  1. Insurgent looks so good! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! I hope you enjoy everything and here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-my-mailbox-34-weekly-wrap-up.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad since I pre-ordered Insurgent forever ago and have been counting down until it was mine. Tragically it crosses my threshold just to sit in a pile of wistful books. And to think it might have had a better possibility of being read by someone else if I wouldn't have spoken up for it.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the library. I was able to stay away for about 3 weeks. Last week I finally went back and checked out 4 books! Of course the books I checked out I really wanted to read! One of them was Eve, which I've already finished!

    I also got Insurgent and Bitterblue in the mail, and can't wait to read them! I've read Demon Trapper's Daughter, its really good! Have Ruby Red and Article 5 on my bookshelf, haven't gotten to them yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel it is unfair to the books on my shelf. I bought them with the intent to read they are all really great books. But every time I get books from the library I give them a higher priority since they have a due date. I suppose I treat the books on my shelf much as men treat their wives. Oh I own you and you aren't going anywhere. I will get to you eventually. But these beauties are a passing treat that I can't help but indulge. Almost like a due date makes them more desirable. It just isn't right.

      Delete
  3. I've been good about avoiding buying/borrowing books lately. Whenever I do crack from those bans it's not pretty lol

    Enjoy your books from this week.

    ReplyDelete