Thursday, December 15

Wildcat Fireflies: Book Review

by Amber Kizer

This book was a bit of a disappointment for me.  I read so many books now that I don't remember much of them any more.  That didn't hold true for the prequel to this one.  It stuck with me and I have been looking forward to this one for some time.  In that respect I had some fairly high expectations.  I don't think the book really failed in any way other than not meeting my expectations.  

The premise of this book centers around the balance between "good" and "evil" over the souls of mankind.  Throw some angels and devils in the mix and you have this book.  I liked the new characters introduced here.  Tens is still one of my favorites in this world but he doesn't win by such a big of a margin in book two.  Now as the first angel book I had read I thought it was great.  It isn't so highly angelic as to be hard to relate to.  In fact it barely goes there at all.  The whole thing centers far more around death and the afterlife. 

Alright, so I will get the bad out of the way first.  The "cuddling" scenes were a bit graphic for my liking.  Other than that small blip I rather liked the book.  I am still curious to see what will happen in this fictional world.  Hopefully, I won't have to wait as long this time.  I definitely recommend this book.  I enjoyed the ride.

Spoiler Section:
I did start to get an idea in my head of what was coming as the book progressed.  I was beginning to think that Kirian was Juliet's Protector.  I wondered how him being Nocti would affect that bond.  Would he revert back when Juliet made her stand and chose sides or would Juliet be forced over simply by his choice?  Considering I have little knowledge of just what the Protector really does this is just all hot air.