Friday, August 19

Book Blogger Hop: 8/19

Book Blogger HopHosted by Crazy for Books

“What’s the LONGEST book you’ve ever read?”
(Note: I’m putting one caveat on this question. You aren’t allowed to say the Bible, Torah, Qur’an, or other religious/spiritual text.)

What a great question.  This is definitely a two part question.  Technically, the longest page wise book I have ever read was. . . Middlemarch by George Elliot.  It is not a book I particularly care for either.


On a mental basis the longest book I ever read was. . . East of Eden by John Steinbeck.  I started that in high school when I was on my classics kick.  Luckily, I purchased the book, books were so much cheaper then, so I didn't have a time frame on it or I would never have finished it.  It took me three years to finish the book.  I just couldn't get into the book and would try and force my way through only to put it down in boredom.  The last time I finally picked it up I had managed previously to force my way through half of the book with no success.  Something finally caught my interest in the last half of the book and I couldn't put it down.  It is one of my favorite classics to this day.  Go figure. 

Now head on over and join the blogger party as well.