Monday, October 15

Book Blogger Confessions: Scary Books


Question: 

Happy (early) Halloween!  Do you like to read scary books?  Why or why not?  If so, what is the scariest book you ever read and why does it deserve that honor?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not generally a big fan of scary books. When October rolls around I will pull every Halloween movie out of the closet and watch but books I tend to avoid. I would rather laugh and read about happy people, at least at the end. Halloween is my favorite holiday but that is mostly because you get to dress up. Well, that and all the candy. :)

I was once recommended to read Bad Girls Don't Die and I went so far as to check it out. But then I chickened out and most likely read something friendly. I really don't like nightmares. Besides why dream about being chased by scary people when I can pleasantly dream about some of these hotties currently gracing the books shelves. There are some great male characters in the novels right now.

But when it comes to scary books the first one that comes to mind is Cryer's Cross. I can't say for sure that is the scariest, but it is definitely the most recent.

Why is it the scariest? Well I won't tell you. You will just have to find out for yourself. But I am warning you that you might get a bit chilled by this thriller.

But other than this book I think there are some really scary dystopian stories out there. There is just something about the villain in a dystopian that is terrifying. They suffer from some type of madness and seem to have no limits to what they will do. Plus the really terrifying villains seem to always be two steps ahead. There is just no escape and the despair and hopelessness that those villains plant in your heart is hard to overcome.


Anyway, thanks for the topic.