Saturday, October 20

Pile Denial: 9

I am in denial.

It is ugly but it is nevertheless the state of things.

Here I will document my struggle with my book obsession. Behold my denial in all of its glory.

Pile Escalation:
Net Galley:


Email:

Library:
Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

Purchased:

Traded:

Borrowed:

Won:

For Review:

Nothing. Finally, I can make a little progress. I was starting to get a bit down. Well, that is what I was thinking until Thursday afternoon. At which point I got a little crazy and went to the library. I preceded to pull one book off the shelves. I am telling myself it isn't so bad. It is only one book and it is rather small looking. Probably a quick read. Plus, I have had so many recommendations for that book. I really need to read it and easy some of the pressure. One of the people who recommended it to me has been hassling me. Why haven't you read it yet? How could any other book be in line before it? Um. . .obviously she hasn't seen my TBR pile.


Pile Reduction:




Given Away:

Traded:

Read:
Vanquished by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Turning Pages by Tristi Pinkston
Black City by Elizabeth Richards

DNF:
A great week for reading. It didn't feel like it at the time. I was beginning to feel the approach of a reading slump. Hopefully, I can stay one step ahead of this reading slump or things could get ugly. At least I am finally nearing the end of my huge stack of library books to read. Then I might actually be able to start working on whittling down the pile again.


Bottleneck Effect:
Reading:
Inbetween by Tara A. Fuller

I hope this one is as good as it sounds.


Here are the numbers of books hanging out on my TBR pile.

Pile Truth:
Books: 51
eBooks: 25


How about you? Are you in denial?

Share in the comments or even in a post, just don't forget to leave a link, and help me feel a little better.