Friday, October 26

Eye Candy: XL

During the week I spot different book covers that catch my eye for one reason or another. I keep track of them all here on my weekly Eye Candy post. Most of the books featured here I have not bothered to read the synopsis for. Just plain old fashioned cover envy or not in some cases. There are the occasional covers that catch the eye but not in I want to read that book more of a oh my goodness what were they thinking.

Sweet:

A Bloom in Winter

T. J. Brown


Yay for historical.  I wonder what secrets she is trying to keep concealed. Or at least that glance over her shoulder gives me the impression of secrets in the closet.

Alight

K. C. Neal

That background is so eye catching. Plus she has such a very straight forward look. Maybe even one that dares you to read just a little.



Born Wicked

Jessica Spotswood

This cover looks far more innocent than the last one. Hmm, not sure how I feel about that. I like the font and the giant moon.

Born of Illusion

Teri Brown

That eye is so very captivating. It just puts a spell on me. It ignites a curiosity to know more about this book. I wonder if she is in mourning. Well it doesn't look like she intends to be smothered by her grief. More like exact some reckoning.

Day After

Emi Gayle

I love that background such a beautiful setting.

 

Glamour in Glass

Mary Robinette Kowal

Beautiful dress! I wonder what is with all of the bubbles.




The Ruins of Lace

Iris Anthony

 So very unlucky, a broken mirror.



Summerset Abbey

T. J. Brown

I have only heard about Downton Abbey. Never seen a single episode. Even so I am intrigued a bit by this title.

 

Life After Theft

Aprilynne Pike  

Nice reflection in those glasses. It seems she is living the easy life.

 

Death and the Girl Next Door

Darynda Jones

I have been on a Reaper kick lately and this title sounds like it would fit the bill.

Borderline:

The Becoming: Ground Zero

Jessica Meigs

I liked this one simply because I was wondering what the person who witnessed this disheveled and gruesome man leaving the city would think. Awe mixed with a little fear? Or maybe they would be wondering why he looks more like he wandered out of the Aberzombie & Stitch magazine.

In a Treacherous Court

Michelle Diener   

Another historical catches my eye this week. While she has nice hair I don't think her gown looks all that flattering.
  











What do you think about the covers?

Like it, love it, or could do without it?