Friday, October 12

Eye Candy: XXXVIII


During the week I spot different book covers that catch my eye for one reason or another. I keep track of them all here on my weekly Eye Candy post. Most of the books featured here I have not bothered to read the synopsis for. Just plain old fashioned cover envy or not in some cases. There are the occasional covers that catch the eye but not in I want to read that book more of a oh my goodness what were they thinking.

Sweet:

Phoenix

Elizabeth Richards


Burning feathers. Didn't they used to do that to revive someone who had passed out or was going to pass out? I like flames. I haven't even read Black City yet and I want to now to understand what this cover represents.

Ink

Amanda Sun


I love the artistic look of this cover. So unique!

The Beautiful and the Cursed

Page Morgan


Very emotional cover. She seems so very blighted. Though I am not sure I would feel that bad for her. It must be such a curse to be beautiful. Well perhaps it is.

Soul Screamers

Rachel Vincent


I love how the dress dissipates into blue wisps.

Pack of Lies

Sara Dailey and Staci Weber


I really like this new cover!


Circle of Lies

Sara Dailey and Staci Weber


With the new look this sequel to Pack of Lies looks extremely enticing. I am wondering how I can get my hands on a copy.



Borderline:

Valkyrie Rising

Ingrid Paulson


The more I look at it the more I like it. But it didn't catch my eye right away. I guess it grows on you.

Tidal

Amanda Hocking


I want to be impressed with the guy and his tattoo but the couple don't look remotely real. Especially when you compare this guy's tattoo to the one on Altered or The Dark Light, not nearly as impressive or drool worthy.



The Elite

Kiera Cass


It just doesn't work as well as the blue dress. She looks so unfriendly and vaguely like she is made out of clay. I want to like it. I am sure the dress is stunning, perhaps it would look better in a different color. Something a bit less reminiscent of a pumpkin.

Dance of the Red Death

Bethany Griffin


Normally I like the combo of black and purple but this cover seems so insubstantial. As if it will disappear in your hands.
 






What do you think about the covers?

Like it, love it, or could do without it?