Saturday, October 6

Quote Me: Battle - Stork vs. The Demon's Surrender


***Winner***
***The Demon's Surrender***


Wit/Humor


You have waited with baited breathe (just pretend this was true) for this battle to start.

Wait no longer. . . drumroll. . . our first contender for ultimate quotedom is. . .

"See," Penny said. "I knew I'd get you. It's tradition. The Saturday before the dance, the school throws a big bonfire event.  Girls write the name of their chosen guy on a piece of paper and throw it into the fire.  Then the boys have until the bonfire burns down to ask someone.  The fire is supposed to have magical properties.  If a girl has true feelings for a boy, the fire will grant her wish." Penny looked at me with a sort of rapture.  She was, obviously, a believer.

Goody, goody, I couldn't help thinking. And when we're done with that, we can ask the Sorting Hat to divide us into houses.

Stork



Voting will likely last for 24 hours. (This all depends on when I remember to close the poll.)

Order has nothing to do with ultimate conquest. Matching word skill against this contender is. . .drumroll. . .
"Think about crack!" Jamie added, clearly struck by inspiration. " Yes! It's like I'm a crack addict, and you're my friend the drug dealer who gives me crack for free, and I know you're just trying to be a good friend, but every time I think, 'Wow, this crack might be a little bit of a problem for me, ' you're there to say, 'Have some more delicious crack.' Am I making sense?"

Nick stared. "Hardly ever in your entire life."

The Demon's Surrender




Let this battle commence. 
May the best quote be left standing.

survey tools